Oneplus Team recently released the new Oxygen OS 2.0.1 OTA for the OnePlus 2 users. The update comes with some fixes and an important update for the Oneplus two users. The new oTA update file is around 40MB, the new update has lots of bug fixes and major one is the Stagefright security exploit, not only this it also Improves battery performance, Improves user interface, Fixed an issue related to import/export of contacts and lots more other fixes.
To check the update go the About page of your phone and check the system update. Or you can manually flash this update on your phone via stock recovery. If yu are using the stock recovery like TWRP or CWM then first, you have to flash the stock recovery to flash this update on your phone.
- Full ROM — Link | File: OnePlus2Oxygen_14_OTA_005_all_1508192013.zip (1.1 GB)
- OTA update — Link | File: OnePlus2Oxygen_14_OTA_002-005_patch_1508192013.zip (40 MB)
Install OnePlus 2 Oxygen OS 2.0.1
1. Download the update file from the above method link (either OTA or Full)
2. Move the file on your oneplus 2 internal memory.
3. After this boot the phone in recovery mode. To do this Switch off you phone and Press and hold Power + Volume up together until you see anything on the screen.
4. Once your phone in the stock recovery, use volume buttons to navigate to ‘install update ..’ option and then press the power button to select it.
5. Select the update file that you transferred to OnePlus 2 in step 2 and confirm it.
6. Now the flashing process will start on your phone, When it’s done, you will be back in recovery’s home screen.
7. Now, Select ‘Reboot system now’ to restart your OnePlus 2.
Enjoy the new Oxygen OS update on your Oneplus 2.